|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Falkrik Mine is a surface coal mine, operated by Falkirk Mining Company, a subsidiary of North American Coal, producing 8.2 million short tons per annum, in Underwood, North Dakota, United States.
The mine provides fuel to Great River Energy.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
The company states that the mine began production in 1978 and "delivers approximately 7 million tons of coal per year" which is supplied to Great River Energy. The company mines approximately 400 acres of land a year.
- MSHA ID: 3200491
- Start Year: 1978
- Owner: Falkirk Mining Company
- Parent company: North American Coal
- Location: Underwood, North Dakota
- GPS coordinates: 47.469902, -101.074861
- Production (short tons): 8,231,213 (2018)
- Type of coal: Lignite
- Mine type: Surface
- Equipment: 2 Marion® 8750 draglines
- Number of Employees: 270
- Mine Status: Operating
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- North Dakota and coal
- Proposed coal mines
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants