Fauji Fertilizer power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Pakistan and coal.|
Fauji Fertilizer power station is a 120-megawatt (MW) coal plant in Sindh province, Pakistan.
The map below shows the location of the new coal-fired power plant at the Fauji fertilizer plant in Port Qasim, Sindh province. The existing gas-fired plant can be seen immediately to the north.
In July 2014 Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Limited (FFBL) was granted environmental clearance to convert its gas plant to coal. FFBL plans to generate 120MW, primarily for fertilizer production.
In November 2014, FFBL management said that the company is most likely going forward with the project. The project will reduce the amount of gas used by the company as fuel stock. In September 2014, Fauji Fertilizer hired National Engineering Services Pakistan Ltd as design & construction contractor for the project. Fauji achieved financial close on the project in December 2015.
The plant was brought online in February 2017.
"The plant was set up on non-EPC basis at a total cost of USD $291m, funded in a debt equity ratio of 72:28."
- Sponsor: Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Limited (FFBL)
- Parent company: Fauji Foundation
- Location: Port Qasim, Karachi, Sindh province, Pakistan
- Coordinates: 24.83309, 67.41962 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 120 MW
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- In service: Feb. 2017
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: US$81.48 million in equity from FFBL Power Company Limited
Articles and resources
- Faiza Ilyas, "Sepa ignores environmental concerns, approves coal power projects," Dawn.com, July 07, 2014
- "Fauji Fertilizer : The Bell about Pakistan Research - Elixir Securities Limited," 4-Traders Edit, 18 November 2014
- Steam Based Coal Power Plant at FFBL, NESPAK press release, accessed July 2016.
- Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim establishing 100MW power plant, shkazmipk.com, 4 Dec. 2015.
- Meat, dairy and power: Exploring other options, Fauji Fertilizer expands business, Express Tribune, 9 Dec. 2014.
- Fauji Fertilizer’s 118MW coal-fired power plant comes online, Express Tribune, 6 Feb. 2017.
- "RATING REPORT" (PDF). September 13, 2019.
- "EIA of CPP Project Bin Qasim Fertilizer Complex," February 19, 2014