Fayette County Economic Development Project
Fayette County Economic Development Project was a proposed coal plant in Fayette County, Illinois. 
In 2002, Clean Coal Power Resources proposed to build a 2400 megawatt (MW) IGCC coal plant and a 100,000 barrels/day Fischer-Tropsch gas-to-liquids facility in Fayette County, Illinois. The facility was to be fueled by an on-site coal mine. It appears that CCPR is no longer pursuing this project. More recently, the company has proposed a coal gasification plant for Cairo, Missouri.
Sponsor: Clean Coal Power Resources
Location: Fayette County, Illinois
Capacity: 2400 MW & Fuels Gasification
Type: IGCC and Fischer Troph
Projected in service: TBD
Status: Abandoned 2007
- “Tracking New Coal-Fired Power Plants,” National Energy Tech Lab, May 1, 2007, page 12. (Pdf)
- “CCPR Announces 4.5 Billion Dollar Gasification Project” Clean Coal Power Resources, Inc. website, October 8, 2002.
- “Change Coming to Cairo” Southeast Missourian, February 25, 2007.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- Illinois and coal
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)