Finarvedi Trieste Steel Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the |
Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The Trieste steel plant is a steel plant in Trieste, Italy. Paired with the Cremona steel plant, this Arvedi Group industrial complex has all the functions of an integrated steel mill.
The map below shows the approximate location of the steel plant in Trieste, Italy.
The Trieste steel plant produces pig iron to be sent to the Cremona steel plant for crude steel production and hot rolling.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Finarvedi
- Owner: Acciaieria Arvedi S.p.A (Arvedi Group)
- Alternative plant names: Stabilimento di Trieste, Trieste Steelworks, Siderurgica Triestina (predecessor)
- Location: Via di Servola, 1, 34145 Trieste TS, Italy
- GPS Coordinates: 45.622115, 13.777996 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1897 (age 125–126)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel products: Pig iron for Cremona steel plant, cold rolling finish for Cremona hot rolled products
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 blast furnaces (BF); basic oxygen furnaces (# unknown)
Articles and resources
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 The site dedicated to cold rolled products for special applications and the only works in Italy for the production of electrical steel, AcciaieriaArvedi, Retrieved on: Mar. 4, 2020
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Arvedi Steel, Arvedi, Retrieved on: May 12, 2020
- ↑ Contacts, AcciaieriaArvedi, Retrieved on: Mar. 4, 2020
- ↑ Siderurgica Triestina Facebook, Siderurgica Triestina, Retrieved on: Mar. 4, 2020