First Energy/Consol IGCC
In 2004, Consol announced that Consol and First Energy were studying an Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) plant for an undetermined location in Ohio.
No mention of this project has been made in several years; it appears to have been abandoned.
- “Consol Energy, FirstEnergy to Evaluate Advanced Coal Technologies", press release, Consol Energy corporate website, September 1, 2004.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Ohio and coal
- United States and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)
- "Stopping the Coal Rush", Sierra Club, accessed December 2007. (This is a Sierra Club list of new coal plant proposals.)