Fort James Muskogee Mill Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Muskogee Mill Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Georgia-Pacific Corporation - which, in turn, is owned by Koch Industries - in Muskogee, Oklahoma. The plant provides power to Georgia-Pacific's Muskogee paper mill.
- Owner: Ft. James Operating Company
- Parent Company: Koch Industries
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 114 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 25.0 MW (1978), 44.5 MW (1979), 44.5 MW (1982)
- Location: 4901 Chandler Rd., Muskogee, OK 74403
- GPS Coordinates: 35.732444, -95.293756
- Electricity Production: 503,857 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions: 2,260 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 8.97 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 1,916 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|