Franken 1 power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Franken 1 power station is a 823-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Bayern, Germany.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Nurnberg, the state of Bayern, Germany.
The Franken I power plant first went into operation in 1913. Blocks 1 and 2 of the power plant, which are currently in operation, were completed in 1973 and 1976.
The 2 x 206 MW Franken II coal plant was commissioned in 1966-1967 and retired in 2002.
- Sponsor: Uniper Kraftwerke GmbH
- Parent company: Fortum Oyj [76%]; Other [24%]
- Location: Nurnberg, the state of Bayern, Germany
- Coordinates: 49.4208, 11.0077 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 823 MW
Articles and Resources
- "Franken I power plant," Wikipedia, accessed May 2020
- "Franken II power plant," Wikipedia, accessed May 2020
- Kraftwerksliste, ID BNA0744 Bundesnetzagentur (German Federal Network Agency), version from August 2019
- Aktionärsstruktur, Uniper, accessed Apr 16, 2021
- Global Power Plant Database v.1.2.0, ID WRI1005681 World Resources Institute, June 2019
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 11WD2GEB1000055R accessed November 2019
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 11WD2GE2D000056A accessed November 2019
- Kraftwerksliste, ID BNA0745 Bundesnetzagentur (German Federal Network Agency), version from August 2019