Fu County power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Fu County power station (延长石油富县电厂) is a proposed 4,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the proposed location for the plant in Fu County.
Background on Project
Shaanxi Yanchang Petroleum Group has proposed a 2 x 1,000 MW ultra-supercritical coal plant in Fu County. The project was permitted by the Shaanxi Provincial Development and Reform Commission in June 2017.
The pre-feasibility study was released in January 2019.
The EIA report of the plant was approved by the Shaanxi Provincial Environmental Protection Bureau in April 2019. The project description states it will support a transmission line from Shaanxi to Hubei. It is waiting for the permit for construction from Shaanxi Provincial Development and Reform Commission.
The project was permitted in March 2020.
Construction began in September 2020.
In March 2019 a 2 x 1000 MW expansion of the power station was listed as a 2019 key project for Shannxi province.
- Sponsor: Shaanxi Yanchang Petroleum Group
- Location: Zhangcunyi Town, Fu County, Yan'an Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.858656, 109.2167 (exact)
- Status: Construction (Units 1-2), Announced (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 4,000 MW (Units 1-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: