Fuping Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Fuping Cogen power station (神华神东电力陕西富平热电联产项目) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Chengguan Town.
Background on Project
The project is proposed by Shenhua Group. In addition to producing electricity, the plant will provide heating to the surrounding area. According to Shaanxi officials, the commissioning of the power station will allow 20 coal-fired and 57 small gas boilers to be shut down.
Project suspended, then revived
July 2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017 China's National Energy Administration (NEA) postponed or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling nearly 107 gigawatts (GW). 114 coal units totaling 65 GW are postponed for consideration until after the end of the 13th 5-year plan, in 2020. In addition, 71 coal units totaling nearly 42 GW were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. NEA said its goal is to eventually suspend or halt 150 GW of coal capacity during the 13th 5-year plan (2016-2020).
Fuping Cogen power station Units 1-2 are among the postponed coal-burning units.
September 2017: Suspension lifted
After political negotiations, China's National Energy Administration (NEA) released an updated list of postponed and halted coal projects on September 26, 2017. The new list contained 151 units totaling 95 gigawatts (GW). Fuping Cogen power station was no longer on the list, suggesting the plant is not suspended.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2018: Power station commissioned
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Shendong Electric Power Corp
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Chengguan Town, Yuwan Village, Fuping County, Weinan Prefecture, Shaanxi
- Coordinates: 34.719333, 109.222832 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start date: 2018
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "关于神华神东电力陕西富平热电新建项目环境影响报告书的批复," Ministry of Environmental Protection, 2014-03-17
- "神华神东电力富平2×350MW热电联产项目获路条," Polaris Power Grid News, 2013-1-5
- "陕西富平热电项目2×350MW新建工程正式开工," 中国火力发电网, 2015-08-10
- "陕西富平：一座全国最先进的热电厂即将建成投产," East Day, 2017-11-29
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "陕西富平热电工程1号机组首次并网一次成功," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2018/2/13
- [ "国神集团富平热电厂2号机组顺利通过168小时满负荷试运行,"] 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2018/8/31
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017