Datang Fuxin Coal gasification power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Fuxin Coal gasification power station (大唐国际阜新煤制天然气公司动力岛一期) is a coal gasification plant under development with 190 megawatts (MW) of coal-fired support capacity in Liaoning Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the construction site for the plant in Fuxin.
Background on Plant
In 2012 China Datang was planning a 400 MW coal-fired plant in Fuxin city.
However, by 2014 there had been no developments on the project, which was apparently abandoned. Instead, Datang began building a 4 billion cubic meter/year coal gasification plant in Fuxin, which the company has been trying to sell.
As of 2018 China Datang is still owner of the coal gasification plant, with 190 MW of coal-fired power supporting the gasification. 130 MW of that capacity is under construction.
Units 1-2 totaling 100 MW was commissioned in 2020.
- Sponsor: China Datang
- Location: Changyingzi Town, Xinqiu District, Fuxin Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 42.053821, 121.827257 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Construction (Unit 3), Announced (Units 4-5)
- Gross capacity: 190 MW (Units 1-2: 50 MW, Units 3-5: 30 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2020 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Fuxin Ethanol Powerplant," Enipedia, updated Nov 4, 2012
- "China's Datang sells coal-to-gas, coal-to-chemical operations," China Mining, 2014-7-9
- "大唐阜新煤制天然气项目工程开工-国际燃气网," 行业要闻, Apr 27, 2018
- "辽宁阜新40亿方煤制天然气项目正式投入商业运营," CN Energy News, 2020-01-22