GKH Hannover power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Germany and coal.|
GKH Hannover power station is a 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Lower Saxony, Germany.
The undated satellite below shows the plant in Hannover.
GKH Hannover is a 2 x 150 MW subcritical coal plant. Unit-1 went commercial in July 1989 followed by Unit-2 in September 1989.
- Sponsor: Gemeinschaftskraftwerk Hannover GmbH (GKH)
- Parent company: Stadtwerke Hannover AG, Volkswagen Kraftwerke GmbH (VWK)
- Location: Hannover, Lower Saxony (Niedersachsen), Germany
- Coordinates: 52.420278, 9.647508 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 300 MW (2 x 150 MW)
- Start date: 1989
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and Resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants in Germany: Niedersachsen & Schleswig-Holstein," Industcards, accessed April 2016