Gadchiroli power station is a proposed 1,980-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Maharashtra, India.
The map below shows Gadhiroli district, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
The 1,980 MW project proposed by Regal Energy received a terms of reference in 2010, but as of July 2014 has not received environmental clearance, and appears to have been cancelled.
- Sponsor: Regal Energy
- Parent company:
- Location: Karur village, Wadsa taluk, Gadhiroli district, Maharashtra
- Coordinates: 20.186111, 80.005278 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 1,980 MW (3 x 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: Terms of reference, India MoEF, Dec 12, 2010
Resources and articles
- Terms of reference, India MoEF, Dec 12, 2010.