Gassi Touil LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Gassi Touil LNG Terminal is an operating LNG terminal in Algeria.
The Gassi Touil LNG Terminal is owned by Repsol(48%), Gas Natural(32%), Sonatrach(20%). The terminal consists of a natural gas liquefaction terminal, and the exploration, production, and liquefaction of a hydrocarbon reserves block in the eastern Algerian regions of Gassi Touil, Rhourde Nouss and Hamra. The liquefaction terminal, which will be located in the industrial area of Arzew in the Djedid gas port, will have a nominal capacity of 4 million tons/year of liquefied natural gas (LNG). There is currently only one train.
- Parent: Repsol(48%), Gas Natural(32%), Sonatrach(20%)
- Location: Djedid gas port, Arzew, Algeria
- Coordinates: 35.845351, -0.305763 (approximate)
- Capacity: 4 mtpa
- Status: Operating
- Type: Export
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Articles and resources
- "Gassi Touil LNG Arzew GL3Z LNG Terminal- Capacity, SPA Contracts, Construction, Capex, Companies and Trade", Research and Markets, April 2019.
- "Repsol Launches Gassi Touil LNG Project in Algeria", Rig Zone, April 2019.