Gauri coal mines
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Gauri I and Gauri II (Amalgamated) Opencast Coal Mine of 2.5 MTPA is located in Village Gauri, Tehsil Rajura, District Chandrapur in the State of Maharashtra, India.
The satellite image below shows the area of the mine in Gauri village, Chandrapur District, Maharashtra.
Background on Mine
The Gauri I and Gauri II (Amalgamated) Opencast Coal Mine of 2.5 MTPA is located in Village Gauri, Tehsil Rajura, District Chandrapur in the State of Maharashtra, India. This mine was created after amalgamation of two existing mines, Gauri I Expansion and Gauri II. Gauri I Expansion of 0.6 MTPA on a Minining Lease area of 303 Ha and Gauri II of 0.75 MTPA on a Mining Lease area of 568 Ha had received their environment clearance on 20 May 2005. The Amalgamated mine received its environemnt clearance on 17 July 2009 with an expansion from 1.35 MTPA to 2.5 MTPA over a reduced miniling lease of 676.53 Ha.
- Sponsor: Western Coalfileds Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: Village Gauri, Tehsil Rajura, District Chandrapur, State Maharashtra
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 19.820193, Longitude 79.294793 (approx.)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.5 MTPA
- Total Resource: 73.08 MT
- Mineable Reserves: 10.26 MT
- Coal Type:
- Mine Size: 676.53 Ha
- Mine Type: Opencast
- Start Year: 2009 (approx)
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications: Environmental Clearance for expansion in production capacity from 2.34MTPA to 3.50MTPA, India MoEF&CC, 20 May, 2005
- Size of Expansion:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and Resources
Related GEM.wiki articles