General Chemical Green River Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Green River Cogeneration Plant is a 30.0-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by General Chemical near Green River, Wyoming. The plant provides power to General Chemical's Green River soda ash facility.
- Owner: General Chemical
- Parent Company: General Chemical
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 30.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1: 15.0 MW (1968), Unit 2: 15.0 MW (1977)
- Location: 25 miles west of Green River, WY 82935
- GPS Coordinates: 41.592611, -109.756333
- Technology: Subcritical
- Coal type: Sub Bituminous
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.