General Santos power station
|This article is part of the GEM.wiki coverage of the The Philippines and coal|
The General Santos power station is a proposed 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station by San Miguel Corp. for General Santos City, the Philippines. The station was also referred to as Davao Greenfield 6.
The map below shows General Santos City, the Philippines, the city where the power station would be built.
Background on Plant
Project Details for 300 MW Expansion
- Sponsor: San Miguel Corporation
- Location: Barangay Calumpan, South Cotabota, the Philippines
- Coordinates: 6.116667, 125.166667 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: 300 MW
- Projected in service: 2012 (originally)
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Briefing paper: Mindanao at an energy crossroads," Greenpeace, date unknown.
- "SMC to prioritize Davao coal-fed power plant," Philippine Daily Inquirer, April 04, 2011.