Genermex Project power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Genermex Project power station was a proposed 125-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Nuevo León, Mexico.
As of November 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Apodaca, the state of Nuevo León, Mexico.
This power plant was mentioned in a 2003 article about Mexico's La Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE, Federal Electricity Commission).
- Sponsor: Generadores Mexicanos SA de CV (Genermex)
- Parent company: Genermex SA de CV
- Location: Agua Fría, in the municipality of Apodaca, the state of Nuevo León, Mexico
- Coordinates: 25.7765, -100.1859 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 125 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 125 MW (to start 2021)
Articles and Resources
- Skoda to start work on 125 MW Mexican power plant, Power Engineering, Jan 24, 2003
- La electricidad, bajo auditoría, Process Magazine, Aug 3, 2003
- TÍTULO DE PERMISO PARA LA GENERACIÓN DE ENERGÍA ELÉCTRICA, E/240/GEN/2002, QUE SE OTORGA A GENERMEX, S. A. DE C. V., EN TÉRMINOS DE LA RESOLUCIÓN RES/120/2018., La Comisión Federal de Electricidad, Feb 14, 2002