Ghadir Lamerd power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Ghadir Lamerd power station is a 913-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, under construction (as of June 2019) in Fars Province, Iran.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station within the "Lamerd Special Economic Zone for Energy Intensive Industries., 8th km, Lamerd-khonj road., Lamerd city., Fars province, Iran"
The Ghadir Lamerd power station is the dedicated power station of the South Aluminum Corporation (SALCO). Salco was established in 2003. Its majority shareholder (51 percent) is the Ghadir Investment Company, the remaining shares (49 percent) are held by the Iranian Mines & Mining Industries Development & Renovation Organization (IMIDRO).
The Ghadir Electricity & Energy Investment Co. was contracted to establish the plant.
- Sponsor: Ghadir Electricity & Energy Investment Co.
- Parent company: Ghadir Investment Company
- Location: Lamerd Special Economic Zone for Energy Intensive Industries, Lamerd County, Fars Province, Iran
- Coordinates: 27.335372, 53.157570 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 913 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 923 MW (to start 2021)
Articles and Resources