|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Ghughus Opencast Expansion Coal Mine of 1.9 MTPA on a Mining Lease (ML) area of 1020 Ha is located in Village Ghughus, Tehsil and District Chandrapur in the State of Maharashtra, India.
The satellite image below shows the area of the mine in Ghughus village, Chandrapur District, Maharashtra.
Background on Mine
The Ghughus Opencast Expansion Coal Mine of 1.9 MTPA on a Mining Lease (ML) area of 1020 Ha is located in Village Ghughus, Tehsil and District Chandrapur in the State of Maharashtra, India. The project received its environment clearance on 24 May, 2005, however it was not made operational and came for revalidation at 45th Eexpert Appraisal Committe (Mining), MoEF&CC on 27 May 2019 in pursuance of MoEF&CC Notification dated 6th April, 2018. The Committee asked for further details on the valid consent to operate from State Pollution Control Board, environment compliance report, addressal of issues raised during the Public Hearing held on 21 July, 2004 and others. The Renewal for Consent to operate has been applied on 31st March, 2017 to the State Pollution Control Board and is still under consideration.
- Sponsor: Western Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: Village Ghughus, Tehsil and District Chandrapur, State Maharashtra
- GPS coordinates: 19.938250, 79.100060
- Status: Current status not known
- Production Capacity: 1.9 MTPA
- Total Resource: 13.15 MT
- Mineable Reserves: 7.18 MT
- Coal Type:
- Mine Size: 1020 Ha
- Mine Type: Opencast
- Start Year: Production started in 1993-94 but Ghughus expansion mine project is waiting for consent to operate.
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:Environment Clearance for Ghughus Expansion Opencast Mining Project, MoEF&CC India, 24 May 20104]
- Size of Expansion:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and Resources
- Environment Clearance for Ghughus Expansion Opencast Mining Project, MoEF&CC India, 24 May 20104]
- Meeting Minutes of the 45th EAC, MOEF&CC India, 27 May, 2019
- List of EC received from MoEF&CC for WCL Mines
- WCL-Coal resource/reserve as per UNFC as on 1 April, 2011
Related GEM.wiki articles