Ghuman power station (Prosperous Energy)
Ghuman power station is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Madhya Pradesh, India.
The map below shows Jawa taluk, the approximate location where the plant will be built.
Background on Plant
The project received a terms of reference in 2011. According to the project's Environmental Impact Assessment, the 1,320 MW power station would take up 800 acres, use either 50% or 100% India coal, and be completed within 3-4 years.
Since then the project has not received environmental clearance, and appears to be deferred or abandoned.
- Sponsor: Prosperous Energy
- Parent company: Videocon Industries
- Location: Ghuman village, Jawa taluk, Rewa district, Madhya Pradesh
- Coordinates: 24.963897, 81.490368 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Unit 1: 600 MW
- Unit 2: 600 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Indian Coal from South Eastern Coalfields Limited/Mahanadi Coalfields Limited through railway or Blending with Imported Coal in the ratio of 50:50
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: