Gibson South Mine
Gibson South Mine is an underground mine, operated by Gibson County Coal, LLC, a subsidiary of Alliance Resource Partners, producing 6.9 million short tons per annum, near the city of Princeton in Gibson County, Indiana, United States.
The mine is part of a larger complex, including Gibson North Mine.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
- MSHA ID: 1202215
- Start Year:
- Operator: Gibson County Coal, LLC
- Parent Company: Alliance Resource Partners
- Location: Princeton, Gibson County, Indiana
- GPS Coordinates: 38.306456, -87.698623
- Production (short tons): 6,996,941 (2018)
- Coal type: Bituminous (low/medium-sulfur)
- Mine Type:Underground
- Mining Method: Continuous mining units; room-and-pillar mining techniques
- Number of employees:
- Mineable Reserves: 60.4 million tons (as of 12/31/18)
- Mine Status: Operating
According to ARLP's website, plans to dig up the coal reserves across the Galatia Channel from the active Gibson Mine (Gibson North) remain open ended and market dependent. Reserve estimates denote 82.7 million tons in the initial reserve field.The website also states that a permit for mining is in process.
The mine is currenly active and producing almost 7 million short tonnes per year (2018).
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Indiana and coal
- Proposed coal mines
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants