Giral power station
Giral power station is a 250-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Rajasthan, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Giral.
Background on Plant
Giral Lignite Thermal Power Project is a 2 x 125 MW plant owned by Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam (RVUN), the publicly owned power generation company in Rajasthan.
The fuel for the plant is from lignite mines near Giral.
RVUN reportedly received environmental clearance for a 2 x 125 MW expansion (units 3 and 4) in 2004, although the permit is not posted online, and as of 2014 the expansion is not mentioned on the company's website.
- Sponsor: Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam (RVUN)
- Parent company:
- Location: Tumbli village, Barmer district, Rajasthan
- Coordinates: 26.0452404, 71.253022 (exact)
- Unit 3: 125 MW
- Unit 4: 125 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Coal Source: Domestic
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: Environmental Clearance, Nov 23, 2004(No file)
Resources and articles
- Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam, "Present Installed capacity of Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam is 4097.35 MW", Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam website, accessed November 2011.
- "Giral Lignite Power Plant". Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd.