Global VII power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Global VII power station (Usina Termelétrica Global VII) is a proposed 1812-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station in the state of Bahia, Brazil.
As of November 2021, there has been no news about the project in more than two years, and it is presumed to be shelved.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in São Francisco do Conde, the state of Bahia, Brazil.
- Sponsor: Global Participações em Energia S.A.
- Parent company: Global Group
- Location: São Francisco do Conde, Bahia, Brazil
- Coordinates: -12.6526, -38.5723 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (shelved): 1812 MW
The environmental impact study volume three for UTE Global VII became available to the public in September 2018 and was identified as having ten abnormal risk factors, but the construction of the facility was ultimately deemed viable. At a public hearing in 2018, 21 social and environmental programs were said to be implemented in order to minimize impacts during the power station's operation.
As of November 2021, the project is no longer documented as active by Brazil's national electricity agency ANEEL, and there have been no news reports about the project since 2019, so it is presumed to be shelved.
Articles and Resources
- "Sistema de Informações Georreferenciadas do Setor Elétrico (SIGEL)". Agência Nacional de Energia Elétrica (ANEEL, Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency). Archived from the original on April 9, 2020. Retrieved May 7, 2021.
- "Apresentação". GPE Participações. Archived from the original on May 6, 2021. Retrieved May 7, 2021.
- "RIMA (Relatório de Impacto Ambiental)" (PDF). Global Participações em Energia S.A. / Temis Engenharia e Sustentabilidade. May 2018.
- "www.inema.ba.gov.br/wp-content/files/CR218-GPE-EIA-GLOBALVII-VOLUME-03.pdf" (PDF). GPE (Global Participações em Energia S/A). May 1, 2018. Archived (PDF) from the original on May 5, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Portaria Nº 298: Garantias Físicas de Energia das Usinas Termelétricas". Diário Oficial da União. October 1, 2019.
- "UTE - Global VII: Estudo de Impacto Ambiental (EIA), Volume 03" (PDF). Temis Engenharia e Sustentabilidade. May 2018.
- "Audiência pública tratou sobre o impacto ambiental da Usina Termoelétrica Global VII, que será instalada em São Francisco do Conde". Portal da Prefeitura Municipal de São Francisco do Conde - Bahia (in português). 2018-07-12. Retrieved 2021-09-14.
- "Sistema de Informações de Geração da ANEEL - SIGA". Agência Nacional de Energia Elétrica (ANEEL, Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency). Archived from the original on April 9, 2020. Retrieved November 4, 2021.