Gongliu Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Gongliu Cogen power station (新疆能源巩留热电联产项目) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
With no developments since 2016, the project appears to be abandoned.
The map below shows the location of Gongliu County, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
Gongliu Cogen power station is a proposed 2 x 350 MW cogeneration coal plant in Gongliu County, Ili Prefecture, sponsored by Xinjiang Energy. The pre-feasibility study was released in July 2016.
However, there has been no news since the project's 2016 pre-feasibility study, and it appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: Xinjiang Energy Corp
- Parent Company: Xinjiang Energy
- Location: Gongliu County, Ili Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 43.466667, 82.148889 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (2 x 350 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "新疆能源集团巩留2×350MW热电联产项目初步可行性研究报告审查会顺利召开," Xinjiang Energy, 2016-07-07