Goodyear Akron Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Goodyear Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Goodyear in Akron, Ohio.
- Owner/Parent Company: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 40.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 12.5 MW (1953), 7.5 MW (1975), 12.5 MW (1977), 7.5 MW (1984)
- Location: 1380 Tech Way Dr., Akron, OH 44306
- GPS Coordinates: 41.048611, -81.47372
- Electricity Production: 297,687 MWh (2006)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 458,326 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|