|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Gorontalo FSRU is a proposed floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) to be located in Gorontalo, Gorontalo province, Sulawesi, Indonesia. It is presumed to be shelved due to a lack of bidders.
- Parent: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Gorontalo, Gorontalo province, Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 0.5453173, 123.061134 (approximate)
- Capacity: 0.21 mtpa, 0.03 bcfd
- Status: Shelved
- Type: Import
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In September 2017 PT PLN Persero proposed to develop a 30 million cubic feet per day FSRU that would be completed by 2019. A tender to build the FSRU was announced in October 2018, and again in February 2019, but neither tender drew bidders.
Due to the lack of bidders, there have been no development updates since 2017 and the project is presumed to be shelved.
Articles and resources
- PLN holds tender for five FSRU projects, Jakarta Post, Oct. 3, 2018
- PLN masih evaluasi penawaran untuk lima proyek FSRU, Kontan, Feb. 10, 2019