Goureh-Jask Crude Oil Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Goureh-Jask Crude Oil Pipeline (خط لوله نفت خام گوره - جاسک), also known as Guriyeh-Jask and Gore-Jask Pipeline, is a crude oil pipeline under construction in Iran.
- Operator: National Iranian Oil Engineering & Construction Co., National Iranian Oil Company
- Parent company: Ministry of Petroleum of Iran
- Capacity: 1 mb/d
- Length: 1,100 km / 684 miles
- Diameter: 42 inch
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2022
- Financing: $2 billion
- Associated Projects: Goureh oil terminal, Jask port terminal
S&P Global reported June 25, 2020 as when Iran "officially started" construction of the pipeline. But at the same event, Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Zanganeh claimed that 40% of the work at the site had been completed.
NIOC stated in April 2020 that the pace of the project had not been slowed by the COVID-19 pandemic and The Financial Tribune reported in February of 2020 that the project had reached 25% completion since construction began in 2019.
Oilprice.com reported that Iran built the Goureh-Jask Crude Oil Pipeline to bypass the Strait Of Hormuz. Iranian President Hassan Rouhani stated said in June 2020 that his country would be the only one whose oil exports would be completely cut if the Strait of Hormuz were closed but that the Goureh-Jask Pipeline solves this problem.
Soroush Energy Company is consulting on the project. The main employer is Petroleum Engineering and Development Company.
Articles and resources
- National Iranian Oil Engineering & Construction Company. "Goureh-Jask Crude Oil Pipeline Construction". NIOEC.com. Retrieved August 5, 2020.
- "Goureh-Jask Mega Oil Pipeline Project Uninterrupted". Financial Tribune. 2020-04-12. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "Iran's Latest Energy Project Should Worry The West | OilPrice.com". OilPrice.com. Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- "Goureh-Jask Oil Transfer Project on Track". Financial Tribune. 2020-02-19. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "The Crucial Oil Pipeline That Could Help Iran Skirt Sanctions | OilPrice.com". OilPrice.com. Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- "Iran building pipeline to avoid disputed oil waterway | S&P Global Platts". www.spglobal.com. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "Iran Starts Hormuz Bypass Work". MEES. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "Iran Builds $1.8B Oil Pipeline To Bypass Strait Of Hormuz | OilPrice.com". OilPrice.com. Retrieved 2020-08-05.