Gouthamkhani coal mine
The Gouthamkhani coal mine is an opencast mine, operated by Singareni Collieries Company Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a capacity of 2 million-tonnes-per-annum in gouthampur village of Kothagudem mandal of Bhadradri Kothagudem district, Telangana, India.
The map below shows the Dorli Opencast coal mines in Village gouthampur, District Bhadradri Kothagudem, State Telangana, India
Background on Mine
The Gouthamkhani opencast coal mine spreads over an area of 1113 Ha is located in gouthampur village of Kothagudem mandal of Bhadradri Kothagudem district, Telangana State, India.
Gouthamkhani Opencast Project is conversion of four underground mines viz. Gouthamkhani No: 8,9,10 and 11 Inclines in the Godavari Valley Coalfield. The mine was commenced in the year, 1993. The Environmental Clearance for the project was accorded on 13 January 1993 and an amendment to Ec conditions on 9 May 2001 for production capacity of 2.00 MTPA.
- Sponsor: Singareni Collieries Company Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: Village Kothagudem, Mandal Bhadradri, District Kothagudem, State Telangana, India.
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 17.4375, 17.4713889 Longitude 80.62722222222222, 80.67
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.0 MTPA
- Total Resource: 79.85 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 71.01 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal, Grade G
- Mine Size: 1113 hectares
- Mine Type: Opencast
- Start Year: 1993
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications: Environment Clearance to Gouthamkhani Coal Mine, MoEF&CC India, 13 January 1993
- Status: Proposed
- Size of Expansion: 4.0 MTPA
- Permits and Applications: Pre-feasibility report of Gouthamkhani opencast exapansion project, SCCL, April 2018
Articles and resources
- Pre-feasibility report of Gouthamkhani opencast exapansion project, SCCL, April 2018
- Environment Clearance to Gouthamkhani Coal Mine, MoEF&CC India, 13 January 1993