Govora power station
From Global Energy Monitor
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Govora power station, in Valcea County, Romania, has 200 megawatts (MW) of generating capacity (100 MW coal-fired and 100 MW gas-fired).
The map below shows the location of the power station in Ramnicu, Valcea County, Romania.
- Sponsor: SC Cet Govora S.A.
- Parent company: SC Cet Govora S.A.
- Location: Ramnicu, Valcea County, Romania
- Coordinates: 45.0400, 24.2900 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 200 MW
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 100 MW
- Unit 5: Coal-fired subcritical, 50 MW (start-up in 1986, retired 2008)
- Unit 6: Coal-fired subcritical, 50 MW (start-up in 1987, retired 2008)
- Coal type: Lignite
Articles and Resources
- World Electric Power Plants database S&P Global Platts, June 2019
- Global Power Plant Database v.1.2.0, ID WRI1019118 World Resources Institute, June 2019
- Govora TPP | ROEC Romania Energy Center | ROEC.biz