Grand Tower energy center
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
Grand Tower energy center is a 337-megawatt (MW) natural gas power station in the state of Illinois, United States.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Grand Tower, United States.
- Owner: Mainline Generation LLC [100%]
- Parent: Rockland Capital [100%]
- Location: Grand Tower, Jackson, Illinois, United States
- Coordinates: 37.6577, -89.5112 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 337 MW
- Gross generating capacity (mothballed): 304 MW
Grand Tower Energy Center was acquired by the private equity firm Carlyle Group on July 12, 2017. More information about this deal can be found on GEM's "Carlyle's Private Equity Investments" Wiki page.
Articles and Resources
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Form EIA-860 detailed data with previous form data (EIA-860A/860B), 2018". Archived from the original on November 16, 2019. Retrieved September 10, 2021.
- "www.rocklandcapital.com/natural-gas-simple-cycle/". Archived from the original on September 17, 2021.
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory (November 2019)". Archived from the original on June 12, 2020. Retrieved September 10, 2021.
- "3 Illinois Merchant Gas Fired Energy Centers Company Profile: Funding & Investors | PitchBook". pitchbook.com. Retrieved 2022-05-20.