Grangemouth power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Grangemouth power station is a 145-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Stirling County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Grangemouth, Stirling County, United Kingdom.
In 2019 Fluor was awarded the EPC contract for Ineos's new cogeneration plant (unit NEP, or New Energy Plant). Once operational the plant will replace the power and steam provided by 40+ year old units B and C. It is sited adjacent (directly west) of the existing unit 1.
- Sponsor: Ineos
- Parent company: Ineos Group
- Location: Grangemouth, Stirling County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 56.01099, -3.69513 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 145 MW
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 35 MW
Articles and Resources
- Fluor Progresses INEOS’ New Energy Plant in the UK, AP News, Feb 27, 2019
- INEOS is investing £350m in a new state of the art, energy efficient power plant at its Grangemouth site, INEOS, Feb 27, 2019
- Planning Application: New Energy Plant, Grangemouth Ineos, no date
- INEOS acquires Grangemouth power plant from Fortum
- INEOS is a world class producer of Petrochemicals and speciality chemicals
- INEOS, Google Maps, accessed Apr 15, 2021
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 48W100000GRMO-1N accessed November 2019
- GB Electric EIC Library National Grid ESO, accessed November 2019
- Grangemouth Petrochemical Plant Expansion - Chemical Technology