Greater Bangkok power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Greater Bangkok power station is a proposed 900-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Bangkok Province, Thailand.
As of December 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Bangkok, Bangkok Province, Thailand.
Planning for this power plant goes back to 2008, when PTT Plc announced they were going to build a power plant on their gas pipeline in Bangkok.
- Sponsor: PTT Plc
- Parent company: PTT Plc
- Location: Bangkok, Bangkok Province, Thailand
- Coordinates: 13.7563, 100.5018 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 900 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 900 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- PTT to build power plant on pipeline in city, Bangkok Post, Feb 26, 2008.