Greenside coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Greenside coal mine is an underground mine, operated by Anglo Operations, a subsidiary of Anglo American, producing 4.8 million tonnes per annum, in Emalahleni, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
The Greenside coal mine is owned by Anglo American.
- Sponsor: Anglo Operations
- Parent Company: Anglo American
- Location: Emalahleni, Nkangala, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- GPS Coordinates: -25.960979, 29.18545 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 4.8 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 21.3 million tons
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Workforce Size:
- Mine Type: underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: