Grenada to Trinidad and Tobago Gas Network
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Grenada to Trinidad and Tobago Gas Network is a proposed natural gas pipeline network that runs from Grenada to Trinidad and Tobago.
The pipeline runs from Grenada to Trinidad and Tobago. The route has not been announced.
- Owner: Global Petroleum Corporation, National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago
- Proposed capacity: to be determined
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year:
In April 2019 the government of Grenada confirmed that a $3.4 billion deal had been signed with Trinidad and Tobago's NGC (National Gas Company) to build a pipeline network that would export gas from Grenada to Trinidad and Tobago. News sources indicate that Trinidad and Tobago's government planned to spend $406.2 million on a feasibility study in 2019, and has signed a deal with Russia-based GPG (Global Petroleum Group) to drill three exploratory wells. GPG reportedly ran into financial difficulty after drilling the first well and has since sought backing from a Chinese company operating in the US to drill the remaining two wells.
Articles and resources
- Pipeline Deal, Grenada Broadcasting Network
- "NGC in $3.4b pipeline deal with Grenada - Trinidad Guardian". Page Suite. April 2019.
- "Bowen speaks on pipeline deal". The New Today. April 19, 2019.