Grupo Gallardo Siderurgica Balboa steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Grupo Gallardo Siderurgica Balboa steel plant is an electric steel plant in Jerez de los Caballeros, Badajoz, Spain.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Jerez de los Caballeros, Badajoz, Spain.
The Gallardo Group has invested approximately 500 million Euros to expand Siderurgica Balboa to twice its capacity, from 1.3 MTPA to 2.6 MTPA.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Grupo Gallardo Balboa
- Owner: Siderurgica Balboa SA
- Location: Ctra. Zafra-Villanueva del Fresno, km.22,5. 06380 Jerez de los Caballeros, Badajoz, Spain
- GPS Coordinates: 38.326405, -6.767326 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1992 (age 28–29)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: round bar, profiles, wire
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: electric arc furnaces (EAF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources