Gruve 7 Coal Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Gruve 7 Coal Mine (Number 7 Coal Mine) is an operating mine in Longyearbyen, Norway.
It is the only operational coal mine in the country.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Store Norske Spitsbergen Kulkompani owns and operates the mine.
- Operator: Store Norske Spitsbergen Kulkompani
- Owner: Store Norske Spitsbergen Kulkompani
- Location: Longyearbyen, Norway
- Coordinates: 78.22558, 15.627234 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 0.12 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Reserves:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Bituminous (Thermal,Met)
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:1916
- Source of Financing:
Articles and Resources
- Lily Roberts, Melting Glacier Floods Arctic Coal Mine, Highlighting Climate Change Paradox, State of the Planet, Columbia Climate School, September 8, 2020