Guangdong Dapeng LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Guangdong Dapeng LNG Terminal （中海油广东大鹏LNG接收站）is an LNG terminal in Chengtou Point (秤头角), Dapeng Bay, Longgang District, Shenzhen Prefacture, Guangdong Province, China.
- Parent: CNOOC, BP, Hong Kong Electric, Hong Kong & China gas Investment, Guangdong Sponsors
- Location: Chengtou Point, Dapeng Bay, Longgang District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Coordinates: 22.5796, 114.4345 (exact)
- Capacity: 7.7 mtpa
- Additional Proposed Capacity:
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2006
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Guangdong Dapeng LNG is China’s first LNG import terminal and has received more than 48 million tons of LNG since 2006. Originally commissioned to receive 3.7 mtpa of LNG, additional construction increased the capacity to 6.8 mtpa.  The terminal also included the Trunkline project which supplies LNG to Guangdong Province through high-pressure gas pipelines. The Guangdong Dapeng LNG terminal received the first cargo of LNG from Cheniere’s Sabine Pass liquefaction and export terminal in Louisiana in August of 2016.
In May 2018 the terminal's capacity was reported to be 7.7 mtpa.
Articles and resources
- Guangdong Dapeng LNG Terminal, GEO, accessed April 2017
- "广东大鹏液化天然气有限公司" cngascn.com, 2014-12-15
- China’s first LNG import terminal hits milestone LNG World News, June 2, 2016
- "广东大鹏LNG接收站四号罐工程竣工环境保护验收公示"Environmental Protection of Guangdong Province, 2016-05-30
- Guangdong Liquefied Natural Gas and Trunkline Project, Phase I, China Hydrocarbons Technology, accessed June 23, 2017
- China receives U.S. LNG cargo, LNG World News, August 22, 2016
- CNOOC’s Dapeng LNG terminal hits 60 million tons import mark, LNG World News, May 23, 2018