Guangxi LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Guangxi LNG Terminal （中石化广西北海LNG接收站）is an LNG import terminal in Guangxi, China.
- Sponsor: Sinopec Beihai LNG Co., Ltd. 中石化北海液化天然气有限责任公司
- Owner: PipeChina 80%; Guangxi Beibu Bay International Port Group 广西北部湾国际港务集团有限公司 20%.
- Parent: PipeChina
- Location: Tieshan Port, Beihai, Guangxi, China
- Coordinates: 21.448966, 109.531699 (exact)
- Capacity: 3 mtpa, 0.43 bcfd
- Additional Proposed Capacity: 2 mtpa
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2016
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Guangxi LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Guangxi, China.
Phase I of the LNG terminal began commercial operations in April 2016, with receiving capacity of 3 mtpa. LNG is supplied predominantly from Australia (APLNG) as part of a long-term supply arrangement between APLNG and Sinopec under which China’s state-owned operator has agreed to purchase 7.6 million tpy of LNG for 20 years. The project will supply China’s southwest provinces of Guangxi and western Guangdong with gas.
In September 30, 2020, Sinopec transferred this LNG terminal to newly established PipeChina, along with other pipeline assets.
In November 3, 2020, a fire accident on the site of the terminal caused 7 deaths. The accident happened only one month after the assets of the LNG terminal was transferred to PipeChina.
However, as of March 2021, there was no news about the start of the construction.
A third phase of the Guangxi LNG Terminal with 0.55 bcm storage capacity has been discussed.
In February 9, 2019, the National Petroleum and Natural Gas Pipeline Group Co., Ltd. (PipeChina) was established with a major focus on the investment and construction of the long-distance oil and gas pipeline network and storage & peaking facilities, offering fair and open oil and gas pipeline transmission services. 10 existing and under-construction LNG terminals were reportedly transferred or are going to transfer their ownerships to PipeChina. Guangxi LNG terminal is one of them.
Articles and resources
- Guangxi LNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017
- 中国石化北海LNG接收站正式运营 一期年接转能力300万吨 By Reuters Staff, 路透, APRIL 19, 2016
- Sinopec starts up Guangxi LNG regasification terminal Oil and Gas Journal, April 21, 2016
- 国家管网召开首个年度工作会，强调安全生产、消除管理缺陷 Source：界面新闻, 01/27/2021
- 北海LNG接收站着火事故致7人死亡，广西约谈国家管网集团, Source: The Paper. Sohu.com, 11-19-2020
- 广西液化天然气(LNG)项目二期工程项目获核准 BJX News, 来源:北极星电力网, 12/19/2018
- 市北部湾办协调推进广西液化天然气（LNG）三期扩建项目 Beihai Government, Source: 北海市北部湾经济区规划建设管理办公室, 作者：范萍, 08-17-2020
- "集团简介--国家管网公司". www.pipechina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-04-16.
- ""三桶油"的这十座LNG接收站，或划入国家管网公司". finance.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-04-16.