Guangzhou Lixin power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guangzhou Lixin power station (中电广州荔新电力实业公司) (also known as the second phase of Guangzhou Xintang power station, 广州新塘热电二期) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Xintang Town (Xintangzhen), right next to Guangzhou Wanglong Cogen power station, which is also considered as the first phase of Guangzhou Xintang power station.
Background on Plant
Guangzhou Lixin power station is a two-unit coal-fired co-generation power plant with a total capacity of 660 MW in Guangdong Province. The plant was permitted for construction in 2009, and completed in 2012. It was originally owned by CPI and Guangzhou Development Group. The plant supplies heat and steam to the enterprises in Xiapu Ecologic Development Zone where the plant located, besides electricity generation.
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
- Sponsor: China Power International Development Ltd, Guangzhou Development Power Group
- Parent company: Guangzhou Development Group, State Power Investment Corporation
- Location: Xintang Town (Xintangzhen), Zengcheng District, Guangzhou Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 23.094200, 113.564997 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2012
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "广州新塘漂染工业环境保护综合治理“上大压小”热电联产工程通过核准"NEA, 2009-11-26
- "中电投集团李小琳出席中电荔新“上大压小”2×300MW热电联产项目投产仪式," China Power, December 31, 2012
- "关于广州新塘漂染工业环境保护综合治理项目热电联产电站二期（2×300MW）工程竣工环境保护验收合格的函"MEPC, 2014-07-14
- "广州中电荔新电力实业有限公司招聘公告"北极星火电招聘网, 2016-12-20
- "Chinese nuclear giant officially launched". World Nuclear Association. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.