Guangzhou Meishan Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guangzhou Meishan Cogen power station (广州梅山热电厂) is a retired 97-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangdong Province, China. It was originally called the Panyu Meishan Sugar power station.
The undated satellite photo below shows the location of the now retired plant in Guangzhou Prefecture.
Background on Plant
Guangzhou Meishan Cogen power station is a three-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 97 MW. The plant was commissioned from 1987 to 1994, and was owned by Guangzhou Meishan Property Management. It was retired in 2017.
- Sponsor: Guangzhou Meishan Cogen Co
- Parent company: Guangzhou Meishan Property Management
- Location: Huangge Zhen Tingjiao Village, Nansha District, Guangzhou Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 22.79235, 113.49334 (exact)
- Status: Retired (2017)
- Gross capacity: 97 MW (Unit 1: 12 MW, Unit 2: 25 MW, Unit 3: 60 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1987 (Units 1-2), 1994 (Unit 3)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: