Guidong Power Hezhou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guidong Power Hezhou power station (桂东电力贺州铝电子产业动力车间发电项目) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangxi Province, China.
The map below shows Hezhou Prefecture, the approximate location for the plant.
Background on Plant
Guidong Power Hezhou power station is a 2 x 350 MW supercritical coal plant under construction in Hezhou Prefecture, Guangxi Province. The project is aimed at supplying electricity to Hezhou Aluminum-Electron Industry. The project has not received a permit for construction. 
July 2017: Plant halted by government
In July 2017 China's National Energy Administration (NEA) postponed or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
Guidong Power Hezhou power station Units 1-2 are among the halted coal-burning units that are suspended indefinitely, and also appeared on an updated list of halted projects released in September 2017.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2018: Project revived
The project was listed as one of three planned coal-fired power stations in the 2018-2020 Guangxi Major Industrial Plan. It is planned for construction in 2019. It was permitted for construction in July 2020.
- Sponsor: Guangxi Guixv Energy Development Investment Co.
- Parent company: Guangxi Guidong Power
- Location: Hezhou Prefecture, Guangxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 23.985332, 111.693474 (exact)
- Status: Permitted
- Capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start date:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "广西桂东电力股份有限公司关于拟增资桂旭能源公司并投资建设贺州市铝电子产业动力车间项目的公告," April 4, 2015
- "贺州铝电子产业园防排烟系统工程 最新进展"广西正通和安全技术有限公司, 2017-07-11
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "2020年将开工建设四台百万千瓦级燃煤机组！广西2018-2020年重大项目建设计划表发布," 北极星电力网, 2019/1/8
- "广西煤电项目+1！今年已有15个大型煤电项目获核准【附名单】," 北极星电力网, 2020-07-30