Gulfstream Natural Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Gulfstream Natural Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from Mississippi and Alabama under the Gulf of Mexico to Florida.
- Operator: Spectra Energy Partners, LP (50%); Williams Partners, L.P. (50%)
- Capacity: 1.31 billion cubic feet per day
- Length: 745 miles / 1199 km
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2002
The Gulfstream Natural Gas Pipeline is operated by Williams Partners L.P. It is jointly owned by Williams (50%) and Spectra Energy Partners L.P. (50%). It was the first and is still the largest gas pipeline in the Gulf of Mexico.
According to the U.S.'s Energy Information Agency (EIA), the expansion will increase the operating pressure of the Gulfstream pipeline, to serve Tampa Electric Company's Big Bend power plant. The project is a part of a larger project aimed at converting the Big Bend Power Plant from coal to natural gas.
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, as of April 2021 the project has applied for FERC approval, which is still pending.
Expansion Project Details
- Operator: Williams Partners L.P.
- Proposed capacity: 78 MMcf/d
- Length: 6.4 kilometers / 4 miles
- Diameter: 36-inches
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year: 2022
Articles and resources
- Gulfstream Natural Gas Pipeline, Wikipedia, accessed September 2017
- Enbridge’s Energy Infrastructure Assets Enbrdige, July 22, 2020
- Gulfstream, Williams, accessed January 2018
- Gulfstream Natural Gas Pipeline, Hydrocarbons Technology, accessed January 2018
- Natural Gas Data, Pipeline Projects Energy Information Agency, accessed July 21, 2020
- Marlena Carollo, Tampa Electric is cutting down coal at Big Bend. But is natural gas the right alternative?, Tampa Bay Times, March 8, 2019
- U.S. natural gas pipeline projects, U.S. Energy Information Administration, April 29, 2021
Related GEM.wiki articles
Wikipedia also has an article on Gulfstream Natural Gas Pipeline (Gulfstream Natural Gas Pipeline). This article may use content from the Wikipedia article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License].