Gummidipoondi Suryadev power station is a 160-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Tamil Nadu, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station at the Suryadev Gummidipoondi steel mill in Tiruvallur district.
Background on Plant
The 160 MW coal plant is located at the Suryadev Gummidipoondi steel mill in the industrial town of Gummidipoondi. It began operating in 2013, and is owned by Alloys & Power.
- Sponsor: Suryadev Alloys & Power Suryadev
- Parent company: Alloys & Power
- Location: Gummidipoondi town, Tiruvallur district, Tamil Nadu
- Coordinates: 13.3847789, 80.1074162 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 160 MW (Units 1&2: 80 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2013
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications:
Resources and articles
- "Gummidipoondi Suryadev Powerplant," Enipedia, accessed Jan 2016