Guodian Baoji-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Baoji-2 power station (国电宝鸡第二发电公司) is a 2,520-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Shaanxi province, China.
The map below shows the plant north of Baoji city.
Background on Plant
An earlier plant in Baoji, Baoji-1, has been retired. The first four units of Guodian Baoji-2 power station are 300 MW each and were built from 1998-2001. The next two units, Units 5 and 6, are 660 MW each and went into operation in 2011.
In 2013, it was reported that units 5 and 6 were constructed without government approval.
Two more units of 1,000 MW each have been proposed. In 2010 it was reported that the units had passed the project feasibility report.
However, there appears to have been no news of the proposed since units since 2010, and they appear to have been shelved.
The plant was majority-owned by China Guodian. On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details of units 5-8
- Sponsor: Guodian Shaanxi Power, Shaanxi Huisen Coal Industry Development Co
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group (65%), Shaanxi Energy Group (31.5%), Shaanxi Yulin Energy Group (3.5%)
- Location: Changqing Town, Shitoupo Village, Fengxiang county, Baoji Prefecture, Shaanxi province, China
- Coordinates: 34.4980333, 107.2181511 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 5-6); Cancelled (Units 7-8)
- Gross capacity: 2,520 MW (Units 1-4: 300 MW, Units 5-6: 660 MW); Units 7-8: 2,000 MW (cancelled)
- Projected in service: 2011 (Units 5-6)
- Type: Supercritical (Units 5-6); Ultra-supercritical (Units 7-8)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Guodian Baoji-2 Coal Power Plant China," Global Energy Observatory, accessed November 2014
- "关于对国电宝鸡第二发电厂2×600MW扩建工程规划选址的公示," shaanxi.gov, 2013-09-05
- "刘铁男被查后能源局帮地方解难题：大赦违建电厂," 中国资本证券网 , June 21, 2013
- "Baoji second power plant to become a national power," Baoji News, 2010-12-2
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017