Guodian Duyun power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Duyun power station (国电贵州福泉都匀发电厂) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guizhou Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Qiannan Buyi and Miao Autonomous Prefecture, Guizhou Province.
Background on Plant
Guizhou Duyun power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 1,200 MW in Guizhou Province. The plant was completed in 2012-13, and is owned by China Guodian. It is considered the expansion project of Guodian Kaili power station, whose four 125MW units were shut down in 2009 to make available capacity for this plant under the policy of "shutting down small units to build big ones". 
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Fuquan City, Qiannan Buyi and Miao Autonomous Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 26.6304173, 107.5423551 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1 & 2: 600 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2012 (Unit 1), 2013 (Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电都匀发电有限公司2号机组顺利通过168小时试运行," Guizhou Province website, 2013-10-21
- "凯里发电厂4×125MW机组全部关停退役"China Guodian, 2009-6-2
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017