Guodian Pingnan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Pingnan power station (国电哈尔滨热电公司平南热电厂) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Heilongjiang Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Pingfang District, Harbin Prefecture, Heilongjiang Province.
Background on Plant
Guodian Pingnan power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 700 MW in Heilongjiang Province. The plant was originally owned by China Guodian. The first unit went into operation in 2013, and the second in 2014.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Northeast Power Co
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Pingfang District, Harbin Prefecture, Heilongjiang Province, China
- Coordinates: 45.54531, 126.65818 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- In service: 2013-2014
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "哈热公司2号机组通过168小时试运," 哈热公司, 2014-06-03
- 国电哈尔滨平南热电厂2＃机组一次启机成功, Harbin Turbine Company press release, June 14, 2014.
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017