Guodian Xilinguole Wulagai power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Xilinguole Wulagai power station (锡林郭勒乌拉盖发电厂) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Hesi Gewula South Open pit Coal Mine, where the plant would be built next to it in Dongwuzhumuqin (East Ujimqin) Banner, Xilingol Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Project
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2019: Project revived
In December 2019 it was reported that an EIA had been submitted for the project.
In September 2020, the plant was permitted for construction. The location of the plant has not been determined by the end of 2020, but will be 1.1 kilometers away from Hesi Gewula South Open Pit Coal mine, which will also be its integrated coal supplier.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent Company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location:Hesi Gewula, Dongwuzhumuqin (East Ujimqin) Banner, Xilingol Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 45.93953, 119.094912 (approximate)
- Status: Permitted
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电乌拉盖电厂一期工程可研报告通过审查", 内蒙古网群,锡林郭勒,新闻专区,2011-04-27
- "自治区发改委同意乌拉盖电厂示范项目开展前期工作", 锡林郭勒盟发展和改革委员会, 2011-05-17
- "1—7月份重点项目进展情况", 乌拉盖管理区发展和改革局, 2014-08-11
- "国家能源局电力司司长韩水赴乌拉盖调研," 高雪峰, 2015-05-12
- "江苏能源乌拉盖2×1000MW超超临界燃煤发电机组工程环评文件第一次公示," 乌拉盖管理区发改委, 2019/12/27
- "徐矿集团投资内蒙古项目取得突破," Xinhua Net, 2020年09月14日
- 锡林郭勒盟乌拉盖电厂预选址地勘工作启动 12-15-2020, The Paper, 澎湃新闻. 来源：《锡林郭勒日报》
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017