Guodian Xing’an Meng Guiliuhe Huowulukou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Xing’an Meng Guiliuhe Huowulukou power station (蒙能兴安盟归流河发电厂) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Guiliuhe Town (Guiliuhezhen), the approximate location where the plant would be built in Ke'erqin (Horqin) Youyi Qian (Right Front) Banner, Hinggan (Xing’an Meng) Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Project
However, there have been no updates since 2009, and the project appears to have been abandoned.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Inner Mongolia Energy Generation & Investment Group
- Parent Company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Guiliuhe Town (Guiliuhezhen), Ke'erqin (Horqin) Youyi Qian (Right Front) Banner, Hinggan (Xing’an Meng) Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 46.203, 121.736 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "兴安盟与内蒙古国电能源投资公司签署合作协议," 兴安日报, 2009-08-10
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017