Guodian Miluo power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Miluo power station (国电汨罗电厂) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hunan Province, China.
The map below shows the location of where the plant would be built in Miluo City, Yueyang Prefecture, Hunan Province.
Background on Project
There were no further developments until September 2020, when the project was listed in Hunan Province's 14th Five Year Plan.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Hunan Power Co Ltd
- Parent company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Miluo City, Yueyang Prefecture, Hunan Province, China
- Coordinates: 28.702942,113.025996 (exact)
- Status: Announced
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电汨罗电厂300亿项目正在审核备案", 工程机械中国网, 2013-05-28
- "湖南公示大型火电项目优选评议结果 华电平江电厂等上榜", 凤凰网资讯, 2014-07-17
- "投资近220亿！湖南汨罗将建汨罗火电厂、玉池山抽水蓄能电厂," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/9/27
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017