Guodian Nanning power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Nanning power station (国电南宁电厂) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Liujing Town, Heng County, Nanning Prefecture, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
Description of Expansion
Guodian is currently planning to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, units 3-4, with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW. Construction is planned by the end of 2015, and operation in 2017.
However, there have been no developments on the units since 2013, and they appear to be abandoned.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian Corp
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Liujing Town, Heng County, Nanning Prefecture, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 22.7885406, 108.9400445 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1 & 2); Cancelled (Units 3 & 4)
- Gross capacity: 3,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW; Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2011 (Unit 1), 2012 (Unit 2)
- Coal type: Anthracite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电南宁电厂一期工程投入商业运行", 中国电力新闻网, 2012-09-05
- "国电南宁电厂二期2*1000MW级机组扩建工程初步可行性研究报告获审查通过",南宁市发展和改革委员会, 2013-07-17
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017